We made a Body Mass Index Calculator for you guys to help easy up the pain of doing calculations, i hope you like it.
What is Body Mass Index(BMI)?
Body mass index (BMI) is a measurement method used to determine amount of a person’s body fat based on their height(in meters) and weight(in kg)that applies to adults.
How to Calculate BMI(Body Mass Index)
It can be calculate by dividing a person’s height squared by their weight in kgs. To save you the hustle, you can use our free Body Mass Index(BMI) Calculator to calculate your BMI.
Supplied by BMI Calculator USA
How To Interpret BMI results
According to the result you get, Body Mass Index can be categorized into four categories;
- Underweight – Having a BMI less than 16.5.
- Healthy – a person having a BMI of between 18.5 to 24.5.
- Overweight – Body Mass Index of between 25 to 29.5.
- Obese – Having a BMI of between 30 to 34.5.
- Extremely obese – Having a BMI of more than 35.
The ideal Body Mass Index that is recommended for all individuals is between 18.5 to 24.5 as it is considered healthy.
How can i achieve a healthy BMI?
Some of the ways a person can a achieve this is through;
- Eating a healthy diet.
- Avoiding unhealthy food e.g. Fried foods.
- Avoiding stress.
- Lifestyle changes.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid excessive intake of alcohol.
Read our article on How to live a Healthy lifestyle