In this guide, I will show you how to check subscriptions on Vodacom for South Africa. Have you ever wondered why your Vodacom Airtime keeps being used up, yet you have not called, texted or sent it to anyone else? If yes, this is the article for you. Did you know that active subscriptions on your Vodacom line might be using up your Vodacom Airtime without you knowing it?
Did you know that 20 – 30% of users don’t even know that they are subscribed to premium subscription that use up their airtime without their knowledge?
Before you start blaming Vodacom, saying that they are using up your airtime, read this article, and I will show you how you can check for subscriptions on your Vodacom line and help you cancel subscriptions on Vodacom. Feel free to use the Table of contents below to jump to a specific article section you want.
How To Check Subscriptions On Vodacom
Ways To Check Subscription On Vodacom – Summary
To give you a general view of some of the ways you can check your active Vodacom subscriptions;
- Via Vodacom website.
- Via Vodacom Subscription USSD code.
- Using Vodacom App.
- Seeking Help from Vodacom customer care.
Feel free to use any of the above and see which is best for you.
Using USSD To Check Subscriptions On Vodacom
To check your active Vodacom subscriptions via USSD,
- Open your phone dialer app.
- Dial *135*997# and click on the call button.
- Select the View Your Subscriptions option by replying with 1.
- Follow the next steps of instructions you will be given to see your active subscriptions on your Vodacom line.
Check Your Active Vodacom Subscriptions Via Vodacom App
This method will only work if you use an Android smartphone or an iPhone. To use this method, you must first access your smartphone’s application store, search for the Vodacom App and install it on your mobile device. Remember to recharge your Vodacom line and buy data bundles, as it requires a stable internet connection.
After you have successfully done all the steps above,
- Open your already installed Vodacom App and sign in to your account.
- Click on the My Account option on the application dashboard.
- Select the Manage Services option, and you will see the list of active Vodacom Subscriptions on your line.
Checking Vodacom Subscriptions Via Vodacom Website
To check subscriptions on Vodacom using the Vodacom website, you can use your smartphone, a PC or a laptop. You will also need a stable connection. Follow these simple steps;
- Open your browser, and in the URL field, type “http://vodacom.co.za/” without the speech marks. You can also click here to be directed there on a new tab
- If you don’t have an account, you must register for one by clicking on the registration/new user link. Then, log in using your email and password.
- Go to the My Account option on your user dashboard, then select the Content Services option.
- On the next screen, you will see a detailed list of your active subscriptions: Add-To-Bill, V-Live, and WASP.
- Done. You can now take a screenshot using your smartphone, PC or Mac to reference your subscriptions when you need to stop them later.
Using Vodacom Customer Care To Check Vodacom Subscription
Lastly, if for any reason the above methods did not work for you, you can always call Vodacom customer care, who will gladly help you identify Vodacom subscriptions that are currently active on your line. To contact Vodacom customer care, dial 135 and follow the instructions to speak to a customer care representative. You could alternatively use 082135 to contact them.
How To Stop Vodacom Subscription
To cancel Vodacom SUbscriptions on your line,
- Call customer care, request them to tell you your active subscriptions, and tell them to deactivate those you don’t need.
- You can send an SMS to 31050 with the message Stop. Vodacom will send you the list of active subscriptions, which you can deactivate by replying with Cancel.
- You can also visit a Vodacom customer care centre near you with your ID card; they will help you.
Check out this article, where I give you a detailed guide on cancelling Vodacom subscriptions easily.
I hope this article was useful. If you experience any challenges, let me know. Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter so you will be the first to know when a new article is uploaded.