What is Chromecast
Chromecast is a device that allows you to stream media (Such as music, video and images) from your laptop, phone, or tablet to a tv or other display within an HDMI port. It works by creating a connection between your device and the Chromecast, which is then plugged into the HDMI port on your TV.
Once the connection is established, you can use your device as a remote control to select and play media on the TV. Chromecast supports a wide range of apps, including Netflix, Hulu, Youtube, and many others, and is compatible with both android and IOS devices.
- How To Project Laptop Screen To Tv in 2023
- Detailed List Of M-Kopa Phones And Prices in Kenya (2022 Updated)
- 7 Online TSC Services You Can Get Access To
- How To Project Your Laptop To Your Tv Via Miracast 2023
- How To Project Your Computer To TV via HDMI Cable
To project your laptop screen to a tv using s Chromecast device, you will need to ensure that your laptop and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-FI network. Then follow these steps:
- Open the Google Chrome Browser on your laptop. If you do not have a chrome browser installed, click here to download and install one from their download page.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the window to open the Chrome menu.
- From the list of options in the settings, select “Cast” from the menu.
- A “Cast’ window will appear. If your Chromecast device is connected to the same network as your laptop, it should appear in the list of available devices.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list. For example, when I do it from my laptop, my TV is displayed on the available devices as “TV47”.
- Choose whether you want to “Cast the tab”, “Cast the desktop”, or “Cast a file” from the options provided. If you select “Cast the Tab”, the Chrome browser tab that is opened will be the only one shared with your TV. If you select, “Cast the desktop”, your entire desktop will be shown, meaning that anything you open will be displayed on your TV screen.
- Click “start” to begin casting your screen on the TV.
If you are having trouble connecting your Laptop and Chromecast, you may need to check that both devices are on the same WI-FI network and that your Chromecast is set up correctly. You can also try restarting both your laptop and Chromecast to see if that helps resolve any connectivity issues.
Note: when you project your screen to your TV, you risk also sharing information that might be sensitive, like passwords. So ensure that you disconnect the connection when you input passwords to sites when you are screen sharing to your TV.
How to connect Your TV and Chromecast device to the same Network
Connecting both devices to the same network is essential for this process to be successful. Doing this is very easy, and can be done in the following ways:
Using your wifi router
If you have a wifi router in your house, you can connect your TV to the network. In most TVs, you will need to access the “Settings” menu, and then the “Connections” option. You will then need to connect to your network and input your password. Also, ensure that you connect your laptop to the network. You can also connect both of them using an ethernet cable.
Using your smartphone hotspot
You can also connect both devices using your smartphone’s hotspot. Most smartphones’ hotspot can be found in the settings menu, and network section. You do not require data bundles to perform this connection.
- Bolt Kenya Contacts- How To Contact Bolt Kenya Customer Care
- 3 Negative Side Effects Of Mara Moja Painkiller You Should Know About
- How to withdraw cash from PayPal