Today, I would take you through how you can pay for, or renew your DSTV subscription using the Mpesa DSTV Paybill number. If you love entertainment like me, then you know how having a good channel provider like DSTV can be. I personally use DSTV especially days when watching the premier league. To keep these channels active, you have to renew your DSTV package by paying for it. This can be done easily in the comfort of your home using Mobile money services like Mpesa or Airtel money. In this article, I will show you how to pay for your DSTV subscription using your DSTV paybill number.
Things you need to Pay for DSTV Subscription using DSTV Paybill Number
To renew your DSTV subscription you will need the following;
- Money in your Mpesa account is enough to renew your DSTV Package renewal.
- Your DSTV Smartcard Number.
- An activated Mpesa line.
Paying For DSTV Subscription Using Mpesa DSTV Paybill number
Using Sim Tool Kit (Safaricom STK) – DSTV Paybill Number
- Open your phone app menu and look for the Safaricom Sim Tool Kit(STK).
- Select the “M-Pesa” option.
- Select the “Lipa na Mpesa” option.
- Enter the Business Number 444900, which is the DSTV paybill number.
- On the next page, you will need to enter your DSTV smartcard number or account number.
- Enter the amount you want to pay for your DSTV package renewal.
- Enter your Mpesa PIN. This is your secrete, keep it safe.
Using Mpesa USSD code *334#
To use the Mpesa USSD code:
- Open your phone dialer application
- Dial Mpesa USSD code *334#
- Select option 6, which is the “Lipa na Mpesa” option.
- Select “paybill option”.
- Enter the DSTV mpesa paybill number 444900.
- Enter your DSTV account number/Smartcard number as the account number.
- Enter the amount you want to pay.
- Enter your Mpesa pin to complete the transactions.
- You will receive a message from Safaricom confirming that you have sent money to DSTV.
Note: If you mistakenly send money to the wrong Paybill number, or with the wrong account number, try and reverse the money as soon as possible.
Using My Mpesa App To pay DSTV Subscription(recommended)
You can also use the Safaricom MySafricom Mpesa Application to pay and renew your DSTV subscription. To do this, you will need to download the My Mpesa application from your Android Playstore or the Apple Playstore. Please note that you do not require a data connection to open this application, but you have to have the line on.
To pay for your DSTV subscription using the MySafaricom Mpesa application:
- Open your phone dialer application, and open the MySafaricom Mpesa app.
- Select the “Mpesa” tab.
- Enter your Mpesa PIN if prompted to do so.
- Select “Lipa na Mpesa” tab.
- Select the “PayBill” tab.
- You will then need to enter the DSTV Paybill number (444900), the account number, which is your decoder Smartcard number, and then the amount you would like to send.
- Click continue and enter your PIN to complete the process.
- Done. Payment takes anywhere between 5 – 30 mins to reflect. You will get a message from Safaricom to confirm the payment. Restart your DSTV in order to update the Subscription renewal.
Note: Mpesa has also introduced a new feature where you can use your bonga points to pay for any Paybill transactions.
DSTV Packages and Their Prices in Kenya
It is important to know the amount you will need to pay when renewing each DSTV package. I will give you a summary of DSTV bouquet and their prices in Kenya.
DSTV Kenya has the following Packages for their users to choose from;
DSTV Lite: The light bouquet comes with 51+ channels plus another 10 plus HD television channels. The price for this DSTV package is Kes. 650/= per month which can be paid via the DSTV Paybill number.
DSTV Access: Comes with more than 95 channels and an additional 10+ HD channels, and the price is Ksh. 1,150 charged monthly.
DSTV Family: Has more than 10 HD channels plus another 120+ channels and you can upgrade or renew it at a price of Kes. 1,600/= every month.
DSTV Compact: DSTV compact package comes at a monthly price of Kes. 3,000 per month, and comes with 135+ channels and 25+ HD channels.
DSTV Compact Plus: Has 155+ channels and 30+ HD channels at a monthly cost of 5,500/=.
DSTV Premium: At a price of 8,900/= per month, you get 175+ channels and 40+ HD channels to entertain you. This is the most expensive DSTV package.
Conclusion: Other ways of Paying For the DSTV Package
The methods I have provided above are the most commonly used methods, but there are other methods available for you to choose from. If you experience any issues, please feel free to leave me a comment in the comment section and I will help you out. Remember to subscribe to my blog to be the first to be updated when I upload more helpful articles.
You must log in to post a comment.