In today’s article, I will be taking you through the Ecitizen Good Conduct download or how to download your good conduct or police clearance certificate through the Ecitizen portal. If you have ever applied for a job, then you know how important a good conduct certificate is. Most employees, if not all make this a requirement for you to be considered as a good candidate for a job. A good conduct certificate is also known as a police clearance certificate.
What is a Good Conduct Certificate
This is an official Government document that states if you have any records connected to any crimes around the country. It is provided by the police and includes any arrest, convictions or any convictions in the process.
Where can I download a Good Conduct Certificate?
To apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct, you will use a Kenyan government online service called Ecitizen. Many Government online services can be accessed through the Ecitizen portal. To get access to Ecitizen services like a police clearance certificate application, ensure that you have an account by registering. You can read more about Ecitizen and some of its services by clicking here.
Who can apply for a Good Conduct Certificate?
Anyone can apply for good conduct in Kenya. If you are over 18 years, you will be required to have your National Identity Card. Those who are under 18 years, they will need to have their Original Birth certificate. Foreigners too are eligible for Police Clearance Certificate as long as they have stayed in Kenya for more than 6 months.
- 7 Online TSC Services You Can Get Access To
- Zuku Packages and Their Prices 2023(Updated)
- Top 20 Saccos In Kenya You Should Definitely Check Out
Requirements for application FOR Police Clearance Certificate
For success application for a Police Clearance Certificate, you need the following;
- ID card(Original), or a birth certificate if you are under 18 years of age.
- A good internet connection.
- A laptop, Pc or mobile phone with access to the internet.
- A registered Simcard with Mpesa, Tkash or Airtel money.
- Ksh. 1,050 for payment of fees required for application.
Cost for application for Certificate of Good Conduct
The application for a police clearance Certificate costs 1,050 Ksh which can be paid through Mpesa, Airtel Money, Visa/Mastercard, Pesalink, T-Kash and various other methods that are convenient for you. If you would ask what most Kenyans would ask, yes, you can also pay with your Fuliza, depending on if it is equal to the amount required(Ksh. 1,050).
- Mara Moja (2023 Review)
- StarTimes Paybill Number (StarTimes How To Pay)
- Bolt Kenya Contacts- How To Contact Bolt Kenya Customer Care
Ecitizen Good Conduct Application Procedure
To successfully apply for your Certificate of Good Conduct, follow the following very simple steps;
- From your browser, access google by typing google.com, or by clicking here.
- Search for Ecitizen to access the Ecitizen portal. You could also click here to go there directly.
- After searching for ecitizen, click the first link to be directed to the Ecitizen portal.
- Click on login to login into your ecitizen portal dashboard.
- Select the “Directorate of Criminal Investigations.” option.
- Confirm your identity to proceed to the directorate of criminal investigations page.
- On the next page, you will see only one option, which is “Police clearance Certificate application”, click on this option to proceed.
- Read the instructions on the next page and click confirm. The instructions given on that page are in the screenshot provided below.
- You will be instructed on the next page, to choose where you are applying for your Certificate of Good Conduct from e.g. Rift Valley, and also, which centre you would like to make your submission, e.g. Huduma Center Nakuru. Click complete after completing the process.
- The next page is the payment page, there is a variety of payment options for Good Conduct Application in Kenya. They include; Mpesa, Visa/Mastercard, Airtel Money, EazzyPay, Tkash, KCB cash or Pesalink. Choose your most preferred payment option.
- For this example, I will be using the most commonly used method of sending money, which is Mpesa. When you select Mpesa, you will be given instructions on how to make a payment.
- As instructions tell you, enter your Mpesa phone number, you will then receive a prompt on your phone, to enter your pin to confirm that you want to make payment to Ecitizen Portal.
- Click “pay” to complete.
- You will be provided with a download file, which you will be required to print and present to the huduma centre site you selected.
- To complete the application process, present the printed document to the huduma centre so that your fingerprint can be recorded and your certificate of Good Conduct processed
How long Certificate of Good Conduct takes to process
Processing of your Certificate of Good Conduct typically takes between 14 days to 30 days to be completed. You will receive notifications when completed. You can also check your ecitizen portal dashboard, under the Directorate of criminal investigations, on my applications sections to see if the process was successful.