If you are looking for a way of transferring money from your Mpesa account to an Equity bank account, you are at the right place, I will show you how to do this with Equity paybill number. This method makes it possible for you to deposit money into your Equity Bank account, and pay for bills and utilities.
Equity Bank Limited is one of the best financial service providers in Kenya, known for its many services, like withdrawing money from Paypal, which makes it a number one choice for freelancers and other online job workers. In most shops today, you won’t miss a single shop or business in Kenya that doesn’t have the equity Bank payment option.
Before the development of this system, Kenyans who would wish to deposit money into their Equity Bank accounts had to make long queues at any Equity bank branch in Kenya. This was time-wasting, especially if you needed a service urgently, for example, paying your son or daughter’s school fees before they are sent home from school.
How To Equity Paybill Number
To pay the deposit via Equity Paybill number:
- Open your phone application Menu.
- Scroll down and find the Safaricom SIM Tool Kit(STK).
- Select MPesa, and go to the “Pay Bill Option”.
- Select “Lipa na Mpesa”.
- Enter the Equity Bank’s Paybill Number 247247, as the Bussiness Number.
- In the Account number section, enter the Equity bank account number in which you would want to deposit the money.
How to Deposit Money into Equity Bank Using My Mpesa App
If you have the Mpesa app, this process can be even simpler. Safaricom’s My Mpesa application minimizes errors you could make during a transaction and its user-friendly interface makes it easy for you to navigate around. To send money to an Equity account using My Mpesa App:
- Download and install the My Mpesa app from Google PlayStore, or Apple Playstore.
- When the installation is complete, open the application.
- Click on the Mpesa Tab.
- Enter your MPesa PIN to proceed.
- Select Lipa na Mpesa
- Enter 247247 as the business number
- Enter the account number, which in this case is the Bank account number.
- Enter the amount and your pin to complete the transaction.
- You will receive a notification from Safaricom and Mpesa confirming that the transaction was successful.
Another alternative is to use the *234# USSD code to access your Mpesa menu using USSD. This can be good if your STK is not properly functioning or for other reasons known to you.
Equity Bank Customer Care
In case you have any issues, you can contact Equity Bank Customer care through their website, Twitter account or Facebook page. You can also give them a call at the following number:
Equity Bank Customer Care Desk: +254 763 063 000
Equity Bank Facebook Page: KeEquityBank
Equity Bank Twitter Handle: @KeEquityBank
Equity Bank Limited Website: https://equitygroupholdings.com/
Write Equity Bank an email with your query: [email protected]
If this article was helpful, let me know in the comment section. If there are any improvements you would like to recommend or an article you would like me to write about.
Subscribe to my Newsletter to be the first to be notified every time I release a new article. You might also be one of the lucky winners of my branded T-shirts and Hoodies.