In today’s article, I will show you how you can top up your Nairobi Expressway ETC and MTC Units in 2023 using the NCBA app. I have tried my best to keep these steps simple for you to follow along. In case you experience any difficulties, you can always send me an email, or leave a comment and I will try my best to respond to your queries as soon as possible.
It’s good news for users of NCBA bank users who use the Nairobi Expressway because they can top up their ETC and MTC units using the NCBA app. This is one of the advantages of Online mobile banking as it brings all services to your fingertips. The expressway which is managed by Moja Expressway company was built in Kenya’s capital city to reduce the traffic congestion experienced in this city.
To use this highway, one has to pay for the service, and this can be done either by use of cash, an Electronic Toll Collection(E) or a Manual Toll Collection(MTC) card. For the cash option, you only have to have cash on hand for the Nairobi expressway charges. For the other Moja Expressway payment option, you have to top-up your ETC or MTC card prior to using it.
Using NCBA App To Top up The Nairobi Expressway ETC and MTC Units
To use the NCBA Bank app for this, you first have to download the app from your Smartphone application store. You require to have data bundles on the line you are using or be connected to a strong wifi connection. If you don’t have data bundles, you could buy credit from your Mpesa account and then buy data bundles before proceeding.
Note that to use this application, you have to have been registered for mobile banking. You can do this by either accessing the NCBA Mobile internet Banking registration page or by visiting your nearest NCBA bank branch in Kenya.
After downloading the NCBA application and having successfully registered for Mobile internet banking:
- Open your smartphone’s application menu.
- Scroll and look for the recently installed NCBA application.
- Login to your NCBA account by inputting the required details such as your login PIN.
- On the dashboard, look for and select and go to the “Transaction Menu“.
- Next, select the “Bill Payment” option.
- As you correctly guessed, Click on the ‘Expressway Payment’ option to proceed.
- On the next screen, you have to key in your ETC or MTC details and then enter the number of units you want to purchase.
- Confirm that your details are correct and click submit to proceed.
- You will receive a message to notify you that the transaction has been successful.
- Done, your Moja Expressway units are ready to be used when you need them. You can now exit the application if you need to do so.
If you would like to know more about the Nairobi expressway, you could visit their website by clicking here. You could also read my article on the Nairobi expressway and why and how to use it to save time and fuel when you pass through Nairobi next time.
Leave a comment if you have any queries, and don’t forget to subscribe to my blog’s newsletter so that you will be the first to be notified anytime I update an new article on this blog. Also, I welcome you to subscribe to my Health Youtube Page, help me grow it so as to reach a greater audience and give me a chance to grow my community.