Today I will show you how you can easily powerwash a Chromebook easily. For those who don’t know what Powerwashing a Chromebook means, it is the same as resetting your google Chromebook device.
Also read: Google Chrome Book Review
Reasons why You would Want to Powerwash a Chromebook
A Google Chromebook does not really take up as many resources as compared to a windows OS-based device, this is because the Chrome Operating System, which the Chrome book uses, is a bit lightweight and therefore runs after and uses few resources. Even though it has this advantage, these devices still run into lagging issues as time goes by, and data piles up. Performing a Powerwash on your Chromebook will save you the headache of having your Google Chromebook perform slower than usual.
The other reason you might want to reset your google Chromebook is in case you want to pass your device on to another user, maybe as a gift or when selling it to a new user. I know your device has a lot of data, especially personal data, that you would not want to be accessed by anyone else, and therefore powerwashing your Chromebook will ensure that you reset your device back to its original factory state. this also makes your Chromebook look newer so that the new user can customise it to their own liking.
- How To Connet Laptop To Tv via Chromecast(Chrome Browser)
- How To Project Your Laptop To Your Tv Via Miracast 2023
- Detailed List Of M-Kopa Phones And Prices in Kenya (2022 Updated)
What You Need To Note Before Powerwashing a Chromebook
Powerwashing also means wiping your Chromebook data totally, and therefore, you should know that you risk losing any data that is on your Google Chromebook. This includes documents, videos and Audio files, just to mention a few.
Ensure that you have backed up your important files on an external drive so that you will be able to transfer them to another laptop or device of your choice. This external drive can be a hard disk, DVD or SD card.
How To Powerwash A Chromebook
Wiping your Chromebook clean can be done using two methods;
- Powerwashing a Chrome device at the Login Screen
- Powerwashing a Chromebook using your Chrome Browser(the Easiest method).
How To Reset Chromebook Device At The Login Screen.
To Powerwash a Chromebook device at the login screen:
- Either restart your Chromebook, or Power it on so that you can access the login screen. You can also log off so that you are redirected to the login screen.
- Don’t log in because that is not our intention this time, instead, using your keyboard, press SHIFT + CTRL + ALT + R. This will cause your device to restart, so don’t be alarmed when this happens.
- After restarting, you will see a new option with the option of Powerwashing the device. Click on the “Powerwash” option to proceed. It is also advisable to enable the “update firmware” option because it generally improves the security status of your device after resetting it. This option is optional, so you don’t have to do it.
- You will be requested to confirm that you want to proceed with the process. Click “Continue” to proceed.
- The device will do the rest. After the process is completed, you will have to sign in to your account or the new owner’s account.
How To Powerwash a Chromebook Device Using Chrome Browser
This is the easiest of the two methods. To reset the Chromebook using your chrome browser, do the following:
- Open your chrome browser. All Chromebooks come with google chrome installed by default.
- Click on the three dots, or lines that are on the top right corner of the browser to access the menu.
- there will be a popup menu, select settings to be directed to the settings menu
- Select the “Advanced” option which is located at the far bottom of the screen, then head over to the reset setting category.
- You will set your eyes on the “Powerwash” option, and click on it.
- You will receive a request to restart your device in order to complete the process, click it to confirm that you want your device to restart to complete the process.
- Done. Remember to sign in to your account when the device has been powerwashed successfully.
I hope this article was helpful, let me know if you have encountered any problems during the process. Also, remember to subscribe to the blog so that you will be the first to be notified when I upload a new article. Also, join e on telegram to receive instant updates on all new tech and health news.
You must log in to post a comment.