In this article, I will show you how to get your Mpesa Statement quickly in 2023. Mpesa is Kenya’s most commonly used Mobile money, with millions of shillings transacted daily. According to statistics by Stastica, Safricom’s transaction volume has been on the rise with it having a transaction volume of 19.9 billion Kenya Shillings as of March last year(2022).
What You To Kow out a Mpesa Statement
A Mpesa Statement is a report that is generated by Safaricom, that has details of the transaction the customer made over the request period. For example, I you request Safaricom to provide you with your Mpesa statement between January 1st to March 31st, you will receive all transactions you made during this period.
Also, with the increase in the use of mobile money platforms in Kenya, there is also an increase in fraud, and it is essential that any use of mpesa takes a look at their mpesa statements every now and then to keep track of their finance, and in this guide, I will be showing you how you can get mpesa statement in very simple steps.
You can get your mpesa statement through SMS or by email. First Option is Using Safaricom Mpesa USSD code *234#, or using MySafaricom App or vial email
First Things First – What are the types of Mpesa Statements you can get
Before we go ahead and receive our Mpesa transaction Statement from Safaricom, you need to know the type of Mpesa Statement you can get access to. There are two types of statements you can download from this Telecommunication company. These include the last 5 statements, a Mini Statement and the full statement.
Just as the name says, in the last 5 statements, you will receive the details of the last 5 transactions you had prior to the request. The mini-statement includes transactions you have done via mpesa in the past few days, while the long-term statement can go as far as 5 years back. With that out of the way, let me now show you how you can get access to and download your mpesa statement.
How To Get Your Mpesa Statement
There are three ways you can use to get and download your mpesa statement; via USSD, through your email, and lastly through your Mysafaricom application. In each method, you will have to get a valid and active email address, that Safaricom will use to send you your statement. If you don’t have one make sure you make an email address beforehand.
- MPesa Till Number: A Comprehensive Guide On How to Get One in 2023
- How To Open iPhone SIM Card – Unlock the Power of Your iPhone in 2023
Take a look at each of the following methods and choose the one that best suits you;
Get Mpesa Statement via USSD
To use the Safaricom Mpesa USSD code, make sure you have a valid email, through which you will receive the Mpesa Statement, stable internet access so that you can access your email, and lastly a smartphone with a pdf reader(A laptop also works best).
- From your phone’s dialer application, dial Mpesa ussd code *234#.
- Select M-Pesa information by replying with 5.
- Select the Mpesa statement which is the first option(Number 1).
- Then choose the type you want from the ones provided; Last 5, full statement, summary statement
- Choose the period, for example, 5 years from the list.
- Enter your email address.
- Done, you will receive your Mpesa statement via email.
Get Mpesa Statement via MySafaricom app
Another faster and quicker method is to use the MySafaricom smartphone application to get your Mpesa Statement. To do this;
- Open MySafaricom App. If you don’t have it installed on your device, go to your application menu and search for the MySafaricom app and instal it. This application is available for both iPhone and Android users.
- Enter your PIN to access the app.
- Click on the Mpesa section on your dashboard.
- On the bottom of the app, you will see the Mpesa Statement option, click on it.
- Enter your PIN to proceed to the next section of the MySafaricom App.
- Choose the option that suits you, for example, the recent transactions option, money in option or full statement.
- If you choose full statement, for instance, select the time period you want and click on “Get Statement”.
- Enter your email address and click continue.
- Done, and an email with a copy of the requested transaction statement will be sent, so check your email inbox.
How to Download Mpesa Statement via Email.
To download your Mpesa statement from your email;
- Open your email via your email application(e.g. Yahoo, Gmail etc).
- In your inbox, look for the new email message from Safaricom. If you can see one, make sure you have accessed the email you provided when requesting a Mpesa Statement. You can also click on the refresh button.
- Once opened, look for any file attachment, you may need to scroll down the page to see it.
- Click on the file to download it and open it.
- For security purposes, Safaricom makes the file password protected for security purposes. So enter the password which is your ID number. You could also use the driver’s license number or alien id.
- Done, you can now see all your transactions for the requested time period.
How To Get Mpesa Statement by Call Safaricom Customer Care.
If you are having a hard time getting access to your Mpesa menu for any reason, you can always call Safaricom customer care through their toll-free number, which is 100. Follow the instructions given by the automated voice assistant until you are able to speak to a Safaricom customer care agent.
You can also write an email to Safaricom Customer Care requesting the to send you an email with a copy of your Mpesa statement. Remember to specify the time period for the Mpesa Statement you want. The email address for Safaricom Customer Care is firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also chat with Zuri on WhatsApp and request access to Mpesa Safaricom Statement by clicking here.
I hope this article was of great help to you access your statement ASAP, if so, let me know in the comment section, and also follow me on Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so that you are among the first to know when a new article is uploaded, which is twice weekly.