In this article, I will be showing you how to open a Gmail account in 2022. Having an email account has now been one of the must-have things in this digital life. Email accounts are essential in communication, though not everyone has one because they don’t think it is that important. But these days, everything almost everything needs an email.
Important Situations You Will Need A Gmail Account.
Some of the situations an email account, like a Gmail account, may be important include;
- Applying for online jobs. You will always be required to provide your email address so that you may be notified in case there is a job. Most companies also require you to have an email. They require you to send your application letter and CV through their provided email address.
- When you buy a new phone, iPhone or Android, you will need to link your phone to your email service, like Gmail.
Popular Email Service Providers.
Some of the most popularly used email service providers include:
In this article, I will only show you how to open a Gmail account using the steps I have provided below.
Opening a Gmail Account
To open a Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Account creation page at https://account.google.com/signup. You can use the browser of your choice for this, although I recommend the Chrome browser. You can also just type “Gmail” on google, visit the first link on your search engine results, and then select “Create Account”.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, birthdate, and gender.
- Choose a username that you want to use as your Gmail address. This address will only be unique to your account. If someone else already has that address, you will be required to look for another one. for example, if you wanted “[email protected]”, and it is not available, you can check if “[email protected]” is available and use it. This will be the address that people use to send you emails.
- Create a strong password that you’ll use to access your Gmail account. Be sure to use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters to make it secure enough so that hackers can not log in and steal information from you. Store your email somewhere safe, and use a password that you can easily remember, but can not be easily guessed by others.
- Enter a recovery email address. This is an email address you can use to reset your password if you forget it. Your recovery email address can be another Gmail Account you have, your wife’s email or any other person’s email. Make sure you trust them.
- Complete the captcha challenge to verify that you are a human and not a computer. This prevents bots from creating fake Gmail accounts that can be used to spam other Emails.
- Click the “Continue to Gmail” button to create your new Gmail inbox and access your Gmail dashboard successfully.
Congratulations, you can now start sending and receiving emails, organizing your inbox, and using all the other features that Gmail has to offer.
- How To Prevent Your Email Account From Being Hacked, 2022(Hacked Email Recovery)
- Absa Internet Banking 2022
How to Send an Email using Gmail.
To send an email with your newly created Gmail account, follow these simple steps:
- Open your Gmail account and click the “Compose” button. This is the button located in the upper left corner of your screen.
- In the “To” field, enter the email address of the person you want to send the mail. Gmail also allows You to send your email to multiple people by adding multiple recipients and separating their email addresses with a comma.
- In the “Subject” field, enter the subject line for the email. This will let the recipient know what the email is about. In simple terms, it is like a summary heading, telling the receiver what the email is about.
- In the main body of the email, type the message you want to send. You can use the formatting options at the top of the window to change the font, size, and style of the text.
- If you want to attach a file to the email, click the attach button and select the file you want to attach from your computer. You can attach Photos, documents and any other file the recipient wants.
- When you’re ready to send the email, click the “send” button. The email will be sent to the recipient you specified.
- To confirm if your email was sent successfully, you can check the “Sent” mails category.
Note: if you want to save a draft of the email to finish later, click the “save draft” button instead of “send”. The email will be saved in your draft folder, and you can come back to it and finish and send it. Also note that if you used an invalid email address, the email won’t be successfully sent.
Other Articles you need to read:
You must log in to post a comment.