In this article, I will show you how to send please call me to request on Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom lines in 2022. Have you ever been in a situation where you urgently need to communicate with someone else, but you don’t have any text messages or bundles? It is a very stressful situation to be in. Telecommunication companies in Kenya, like Safaricom, Airtel and Telkom knew this, and thus decided to come up with the please call me services am about to take you through.
What is Please Call Me
In this service, all you do is dial a specific code, which is unique to each company, which will send a please call me a message to the recipient, requesting them to give you a call. The recipient will receive the message immediately, and if they have enough airtime, they will call you back and therefore establish communication. A particularly useful situation where please call me service can be useful is in boarding school. In boarding schools, students often borrow phones from their teachers in order to communicate with their parents. This can be costly for the teacher, but if the students can only send please call request to their parents, then things become easier.
Advantages and DIsadvantages of Please Call Me
Please call me, though having a lot of advantages, also has its disadvantages. Some of its advantages include;
- I can be sent any time of the day
- It is a free service
Some of its disadvantages include;
- Is only useful if the other user has airtime so that they can call back.
- If you use a number that is not known by the other user, the chances of them calling back are minimal, because they think you are a stranger.
- There is a limited number of times you can send please call me. Safaricom gives you the list number of times, which is 5 times, while Airtel gives you 10 please call me you can send it in a day.
- Some people don’t look at messages quickly. Especially with the increased number of promotional messages sent to phones.
How To Send Please Call Me
How To Send Please Call Me Request On Safaricom
Method 1 – Please call Me Using *130*#
Safaricom gives you a limit of 5 please call me every day. Of all the 3 telecommunication companies, Safaricom’s method of sending please call me is the easiest. To send please call me on your Safaricom line, you’ll use USSD.
Follow the following steps to send please call me from your Safaricom line;
- Access your phone’s dialer application.
- Dial *130*Number#. In the number section, enter the number of the person you want to send please call me to.
- You will receive a prompt telling you that it has been successfully sent, and the number of please call chances left.
Method 2 – Please call Me Using *100#
To send please call me using *100#, and follow the following steps;
- Using your dialer application, dial *100#.
- Reply with option 3, which is “Products and Services”.
- From the next menu, select option 2, which is “Okoa/Sambaza/Please call me”.
- In the next menu, as you guessed it, select “Please call me”, which is option 5.
- Finally, enter the number of the person you are sending the please call me to and send.
- Done, the person will receive the message.
How To Send Please Call Me request On Airtel
In airtel, we don’t have a single number you can use to send please call me. Its process is a bit longer, but equally as effective. In this method, we will use *100#.
- Dial *100# from your phone’s dialer application
- Access the next page by replying with “*”.
- Select option 6, which is “Products and Services”.
- Select “Please Call Me”, which in this case, is option 5.
- You will finally need to enter the number of the person you wish to call you.
How To Send Please Call Me On Telekom
To send please call me from your Telekom line, you will use *123# or *100#, to request the other user to call you.
- Dial either *100# or *123#. Both USSD codes work the same.
- Enter option 5 for products and services.
- Select the option “Please call me”.
- Enter the mobile number of the recipient.
- Press ok, or send to finish the process.