In this article, which is part of the PayPal how-to Kenya series, I will show you how to verify your PayPal account in Kenya in 2022. If you have not yet read my previous article, where I looked at the process of creating a new PayPal account, you can read it by clicking here.
If you have already created your PayPal account, the next step is to verify your PayPal account. You might ask me, do you really need to verify your new PayPal account? The answer is yes, you need to verify your PayPal account. The reasons why you need to verify your PayPal account include the following:
Increase your Account limit
Unverified PayPal accounts have a limit on the amount you can transact within a day. This means that when you have reached the maximum amount you are limited to transact, you risk even having a banned account. The reason why PayPal might ban your account is to curb those accounts that might use this platform for illegal transactions. Once your account is verified and they know who you are, they will let you transact as much as possible.
Note: if your Kenyan PayPal account is banned, you risk losing money present in your account. Therefore to be safe, I recommend you follow the steps I have provided on how to verify your PayPal account in Kenya.
Makes you account look Professional
Let me give you a scenario if you want to pay me for a service, and we agree that you will pay me through PayPal, but when I give you my PayPal address, you see that it is an unverified account, will you really trust me? Having a professionally verified PayPal account can give you an edge in your business transaction because many customers will trust you enough.
How to verify PayPal with your bank visa/master card
If you have a bank visa or master card, you can easily verify your PayPal account by keying in the details of your bank card requested by PayPal. To verify your PayPal account in Kenya using visa/Mastercard, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Paypal account by entering your email and password. Click on the “wallet” tab on your PayPal dashboard.
- Click on the “Link a bank” button to link your bank account and verify your PayPal account.
- Enter the required information, including your bank account number and routing number. These details can be found on your bank visa or MasterCard.
- Click the “Continue” button and follow the prompts to complete the linking process.
- Paypal will send you two deposits to your bank account. These deposits will typically appear within 3-5 business days. Make sure you don’t withdraw these amounts.
- Once the deposits are made, log into your Paypal account and click on the “Confirm” button.
- Enter the two amounts of the deposits made to your bank account and click “Submit”.
Your bank account will now be verified and you can use it to make payments or withdraw funds from your PayPal account. Verifying your account may also help increase your account limits and allow you to access additional features and services.
How to verify PayPal without a visa or MasterCard in Kenya
If you don’t have access to a bank visa or MasterCard, don’t worry, It is possible to verify your Paypal account without a bank card, especially in Kenya. Here are some of the alternative methods to verify a PayPal account in Kenya without a visa or Mastercard:
- Link to a prepaid debit card or use your already verified PayPal account and use it to verify your account. This can be a good option if you don’t have a bank account or credit card.
- Use a virtual card. A virtual credit card is a temporary, single-use credit card number that can be used for online transactions. You can generate a virtual card and link it to your PayPal account to verify your account.
- Link to a mobile wallet: some mobile wallets, such as Google Pay or Apple Pay, allow you to link your bank account or credit card to make payments. You can link one of these mobile wallets to your Paypal account to verify your account.
- Ask a friend or family member: if you don’t have access to any of the above options, you can ask a trusted friend or family member to help verify your account. They can link their bank account or credit card to your Paypal account and complete the verification process. Just make you pay them back or reimburse any fees they may incur.
Note: these alternative methods may not be available in all countries or for all account types. It is always best to check with PayPal for the most up-to-date information on account verification options.
You must log in to post a comment.