In this article, I will show you how to pay the daily instalments for your M-Kopa Product using the M-Kopa Paybill number using mobile money. Congratulations, you could visit your nearest Mkopa outlet, scan their list of devices, pay the initial deposit, and finally go home with your M-kopa product. This is the first good step.
The M-kopa Paybill number is 333222
The only remaining thing is that you must pay for your daily instalments without failure. If you cannot make your payment using the Mkopa Paybill number, I will show you that your Mkopa device won’t be able to function until you have paid. To pay for the daily instalment, Mkopa has provided a Paybill number for its Mkopa customers that they could use to pay using mobile money platforms like Safaricom Mpesa.
What is the Paybill number for M-KOPA Kenya?
For Kenyans, you can pay for the Mkopa loan balance using the M-kopa Paybill number, which is your Mpesa. First of all, you have to have an active Safaricom Line that is registered with Mpesa. Also, deposit money to your line so that you can use the money to pay Mkopa.
Making Mkopa Payments from Mpesa Using M-kopa Paybill Number – Mkopa payment procedure
Using SIM Tool Kit
- Open your phone app menu and select Mpesa STK.
- Open Mpesa and scroll down to the Lipa Na Mpesa section.
- Select the Paybill option in the next screen section.
- Enter M-Kopa Paybill Number 333222.
- Enter the account number and the ID number of the person who registered for the Mkopa Product.
- Enter the amount you want to pay, e.g. Kes 300/=.
- Enter your Mpesa Secrete PIN and click send to finish the transaction.
- When done, you will receive a message from Mpesa and Mkopa confirming that the transaction was completed.
Mkopa Payment Procedure Using Safaricom Super App for M-kopa Paybill
You can also use the Safaricom Super app to pay for the Mkopa loan balance. To do this,
- Open your Safaricom application on your smartphone.
- Enter your PIN to log in to your account. Ensure your Data connection is switched to your Safaricom line or it won’t work.
- On the dashboard of the app, click on the transact section.
- Scroll down until you find the Pay section of the Safaricom Super App.
- Select Paybill and click on Enter Paybill Number.
- Enter 333222 as your Mkopa’s Paybill number. Click on Continue to proceed.
- Enter the Account Number and the ID number registered to the Mkopa device on loan.
- Enter the amount you want to pay and click continue.
- Enter your Mpesa PIN to finish the payment process.
- Done. Your payment will be processed, and you will receive a confirmation message.
Using Mkopa App
When you bought the Mkopa smartphone, you were instructed to install the Mkopa application. You can use this application to pay and unlock your Mkopa instalment. To do this,
- Open the Mkopa application.
- click on Make payment
- Choose the method you want to use from the list provided.
- Enter the amount you want to pay. Click pay.
- Enter the Mpesa PIN from the prompt you will receive from Safaricom, and click on send.
- After that, click on Unlock Now.
Mkopa Paybill Charges
M-kopa Paybill payment charges will depend on the money you send. These Mpesa charges will be according to the Mpesa charges for 2023(Or the time you will be reading this article). Below is a table briefly showing you the charges for using the Mkopa Paybill number;
|Amount You Will Be Charges
|Ksh. 1 – 49
|Ksh. 50 – 100
|Ksh 101 – 500
|Ksh. 501 – 1000
|Ksh 1001 – 1500
|Ksh. 1501 – 2000
|Ksh. 2001 – 2500
|Ksh. 2501 – 3000
|Ksh. 30001 – 3500
|M-kopa Paybill Charges 2023
How To Check Mkopa Balance?
If you are already a registered M-kopa member, you can always check your Mkopa balance for the product you took or your Mkopa loan by dialling *685# and following the prompts and instructions until you find your loan balance.
You could also check your Mkopa Balance by accessing the application you were told to install when you purchased the smartphone. This applies to those who purchase Mkopa Smartphones on loan.
You can also check your Mkopa balance through the Mkopa app. Login to your Mkopa app, and you will see your Mkopa balance there.
If You Don’t Pay Mkopa Loan
If you don’t pay your Mkopa Loan, the following might happen;
- Your device will cease to function.
- Your credit score will decrease, and you will be added to CRB, limiting you when you try to take loans from other financial institutions.
I hope this article was helpful, in case you experienced any issues, feel free to leave a comment below and I will respond to your queries as soon as possible. You can also contact Mkopa for more information about your account and their products.