Welcome to todays article on Paypal. If you have never heard of this online transaction platform, let me give you a little history. PayPal is an online payment system that allows its registered individuals and businesses to do the following things;
- To send and receive money
- Make online payments and transfer funds securely. I
This company was founded in 1998 and is now owned by eBay. It is widely used for online transactions, particularly for e-commerce and international payments. Users can also use it as a payment option for various services, including subscription and donations. I use PayPal for renewing and receiving Payments for my blogging business and it has proven to be very useful.
Users can link their bank accounts for easy and secure payment. Paypal also offers a variety of security features to protect users’ information and so trust me when I say your money is very secure with them. You can think of it as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods you know of, like checks and money orders.
The use of PayPal increased exponentially especially in the Covid 19 period, as many people had moved to online purchase of things instead of exposing themselves to the virus by going to shops physically.
How to join PayPal
If you are interested in PayPal and you would like to join the platform, use the very simple steps I have provided below:
- From you browser,go to the paypal website,which can be assessed through https://www.paypal.com/, and click on the “sign up” button.
- Select the account type that best fits what you need. There are three options you can choose from: personal, premier, and business.
- Enter your personal and contact information, including your name, email address, and password. Remember to pick a password that is easy for you to Remember but not easily hacked.
- Click the “Agree and create account” button to complete the registration process.
- Verify your email address by clicking in the email sent to you by paypal. If you do not have an email, click here to read how to create one
- Add a payment method to your account on the link a bank account or credit/debit card. If you are in Kenya, you can also link your PayPal to your Mpesa.
- Done. You can now start using it for online transactions or payments by logging in to your account and following the prompts.
How to reset PayPal password
If you did not save your password somewhere and have forgotten what it was, don’t worry, you can easily reset your paypal account password using the following steps I have provided.
To reset your password, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the paypal website and click on the “Log in” button.
- Click on the “Having trouble logging in” link below the login fields.
- Because we have forgotten our password, select the option “I don’t know my password”
- Enter your email associated with your paypal account and click “next”. This should be the email address of the account whose password you want to reset.
- Check your email for a message from PayPal with a link to reset your password.
- Click on the link in the email and follow the prompts to reset your password.
- Enter a new password that meets the requirements and click “continue”.
If you are unable to reset your password using this method, you can also try resetting your password by answering security questions or providing proof of identity. You can also contact Paypal customer support for assistance.
Before you reset your password, make sure that your keyboard is not set on Caps lock while your password may be on small letters. This might be the only mistake you had.
You must log in to post a comment.