In today’s article, I will be taking you through ecitizen login, registration and some of the services available in 2023. Gone are the days when you had to visit Government offices and make long queues just to receive services, with ecitizen, you can access some government services through this platform that provides online Government services.
The ecitizen portal was introduced by the government of Kenya as an online government service provider in order to decongest the long queues that were at various government offices in the past. For example, you can now simply renew your driving license through the ecitizen platform rather than getting time to go to a Huduma Center, make a long tiresome queue and renew it.
Services offered through the Ecitizen portal
Some of the services you can get through the ecitizen portal include the following;
- Online KRA services
- Online business services, including the application of licenses and registration of businesses
- Marriage services
- Driving services like a renewal of driving license
- Ministry of lands services
- Online Immigration services
- Online civil registration services
I will make future articles on how to access and go through the procedure of each of the services above, make sure you subscribe to my blog’s new letter so that you are the first to be informed when a new post is updated.
Also, when you subscribe to my blog, you stand a chance to be one of my three monthly lucky winners of my blog’s branded hoodies.
How to register for ecitizen – Ecitizen registration.
Ecitizen registration is very simple. What is needed to register for ecitizen is your Identity card (ID) or passport for foreigners. To access the registration tab;
- Head to www.ecitizen/go.ke/register
- Then select any of the options I have provided below according to the category that applies to you. There is ecitizen registration for;
- Ecitizen registration for Kenyan Citizens.
- Ecitizen registration for foreign citizens
- Registration for e-visa
- Registration for e-business
- Follow the procedure down below to register according to the category that applies to you.
How to register for ecitizen as a Kenyan Citizen
This option is only suitable for those who are Kenyan citizens and you only require your ID and your first name to register for ecitizen as a Kenyan citizen.
- From your laptop/pc/android browser, access the ecitizen portal by typing, www.ecitizen.go.ke, or clicking here to go there directly.
- Click on the “create an account” option, which is in your top right-hand side corner. You can also click here, to be redirected there.
- We will be using the first option, which is a Kenyan citizen and click on “create an account” which is just below it. You can also click here to be taken there directly.
- Fill out the requirements as requested;
- Enter your id number. Make sure you enter your correct ID number.
- Enter your first name as per the ID number provided above.
- Click on validate. Your ID number will be confirmed if correct and if your first name matches the one on your ID.
- Enter your email address. This email address should be correct and active because you might be receiving information from ecitizen through this address.
- Confirm your email address (the one entered above) by inputting it again.
- Enter your phone number, and make sure you enter the correct number hereIn the next field, you will be required to input your password, make sure you memorize this password, and it should be a strong password.
- Confirm the password you entered above, by reentering it again. Remember, your password is your secrete, don’t share it with anyone else.
- Click on the box before “I agree to the terms and conditions”. You can read ecitizen’s terms and conditions by clicking here
How to register for ecitizen as a foreign citizen
This option is for any foreigner who is living in Kenya and has the necessary foreign certificate which is valid. You will also need your first name. You can access this page by clicking here
- Enter your correct ID number. Counter-check to make sure it is correct.
- Enter your first name e.g. Henfrey, for my case.
- Click on validate that your name and ID number are verified.
- Enter your email address, and make sure this is correct and the account is active.
- Confirm that you have entered the correct email by re-entering it again this the next field.
- Enter your phone number. Make sure you first select the correct country to which your number belongs, e.g. Zimbabwe
- Enter your password, and confirm it by re-entering it on the next field.
- Select the correct nationality from the next dropdown menu. E.g. USA
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the ecitizen portal.
- Click continue and follow the steps provided.
Ecitizen registration for e-Visa visitors
This option for registration to the ecitizen portal is for individuals who require a visa to enter Kenya. You can access it by clicking here. Here you will need your passport, email address and phone number.
- Enter your correct passport number as per your passport.
- Enter your first name, and make sure it is correct.
- Enter your other names
- Select your gender, either male or female, from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your email address and confirm by re-entering it in the next input field
- Enter a strong password and re-enter it in the next input field to confirm it.
- Select your nationality from the next dropdown menu, e.g. Afghanistan.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click continue to complete the registration and follow any other procedures provided.
Ecitizen registration for e-Business
This option is for business entities that are validly registered in Kenya. Here you will be required to have your business registration number, email address and phone number.
- In the first input field, enter your Business Registration number.
- Click on validate so that ecitizen check if your business registration number is valid.
- Enter your email address and confirm it in the next input field.
- Enter your correct phone number in the next field.
- Enter your password, and confirm it.
- Agree on the ecitizen’s terms and conditions.
- Press continue to complete the process of ecitizen registration for e-business.
Ecitizen Portal Login/Sign in
Now that you have completed the registration/signup, you can now login to your account using your email address or ID number, and password.
- On your browser of choice, type accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/login to access the portal login page, or click here to access it directly.
- Enter your email address, or your ID number (The one you used to register with during the registration process).
- In the password input field, enter your correct ecitizen password.
- Click on login to access your ecitizen portal dashboard.
- Congratulation, you have successfully logged into your portal dashboard.
If you had a problem with login in, ensure that your email or ID number was correct. Also, ensure that the password you entered was also correct. If you forgot your password, reset your ecitizen password.
How to Reset Ecitizen Portal Login Password
- On the login portal, click on the “Forgot your password” link, or click here.
- You will be required to enter your ID number or email address so that a password reset link can be sent to you.
- You will be given two password reset methods to be used to recover your portal login password. Select one that you prefer
- Reset your ecitizen password using your phone number.
- Reset your ecitizen portal password using your email address
- Click on “reset my password”
- If you select the phone number option, a 6-digit code will be sent to you via SMS, input this code in the box provided and click continue. Enter your new password and confirm it by re-entering it and clicking on “Reset My Password”. Then you can now log in to your account. Make sure you memorize this password to avoid future inconveniences.
- If you select the email option, you will receive an email with the code. Copy this code and enter it in the input field provided on the password reset page. Enter your new password and confirm it, then click “Reset my Password”. Remember to write it down or store it safely somewhere for future purposes.
Online Government Services in Ecitizen Portal Dashboard
The online government services available on the Government portal are divided into two categories, including National services and county services. I know you can tell just by the names, what type of services are entailed in these categories.
Ecitizen National Government Online Services
Services under the national government available at the portal include;
Directorate of immigration services – for new applications only
In this category, you will be able to apply for an e-passport, a temporary permit and an evisa. There are 9(nine) services that are provided under the directorate of immigration services. These include;
- Passport application, where you will be able to apply for a new passport, replace your lost passport and pay for these applications online.
- The interstate application is where you will be able to apply for or replace your interstate pass online.
- Temporary permit online application
- Evisa online application and payment
- Work permit application, which will allow a foreigner to enter Kenya and engage in various activities like trade, missionary services, forming etc.
- Student pass which allows a Kenyan student to further their studies in other countries
- Dependant passes ecitizen application
- Endorsement application
- Special pass application
Directorate of immigration services – for old visa applications only
Business registration service
In this category of online government services, you will be able to register a new business or manage an existing one.
Directorate of criminal investigations online services
Here you will be able to get a Police clearance certificate by making an application and paying for the service online.
Office of the attorney general
Here, you will find the registration of marriages and societies.
National transport and safety authority online services (ntsa ecitizen)
In the ntsa ecitizen platform, you will be able to apply for a provisional driving license, book a date for your driving test, get a driving license, pay the fees required, and lastly track the progress of your application.
Civil registration department for new applications only
Applications for birth certificates and death certificates can be found here.
Civil department for old applications only
Kenyan Ministry of mining portal
HELB ecitizen services
Beneficiaries of HELB can use this ecitizen portal to pay their helb loans and get a HELB compliance certificate, or even a HELB clearance certificate.
Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) ecitizen services
KRA services like domestic taxes, and customs duty excise among others can be found here.
National Construction Authority services
Those who want to engage in the building and construction of their properties can apply for permits and licenses which are issued by The National Management Authority of Kenya.