In this article, I will take you through NCBA bank’s recent USSD security question feature, why you need it and how you can set it up easily in 2023. In case you have any problems, let me know in the comment section and I will respond as soon as possible. use the Table of content below to jump to the section you would like to read about.
Introduction: Why you Need this feature
In recent years, the has been an increase in the number of fraudsters in Kenya who will take even the slightest of opportunities to steal money from others. These fraudsters are bold enough to even steal from the big giants like Safaricom in the recent fuliza heist. Therefore, it is important that you secure all your accounts to make sure that you don’t fall a victim to such schemes that will make you lose your hard-earned cash.
NCBA Bank Kenya has made efforts to secure their clients’ accounts by giving advice to the public on how to avoid scammers, and how to secure their NCBA Bank accounts. One example is where they advice their client that NCBA bank will never ask for a password/PIN or OPT code from their customers.
Other ways of Securing not only your NCBA account but other accounts include:
- Not sharing your PIN or password with anyone. Even if they claim to be a representative of NCBA bank. Only share these details with those you really trust because your PIN is supposed to be your secrete.
- If you are doing online banking via NCBA Online banking, never save your passwords on the computer, especially if you are using a public computer, like those in cyber cafes.
- When inputting your PIN during a transaction or login, make sure no one is peeping to try and see it.
How To Secure Your NCBA Account Using USSD Security Questions in 2023.
NCBA bank has introduced recently the USSD security questions to help make their client’s bank accounts more secure. This helps when you are trying to make transactions using their USSD code, where you will be asked a security question on things that only you know. For example, you might have chosen a security question that asks, “What is the name of your childhood friend”. This is a hard question that will that only you know.
How To Set Up NCBA USSD Security Question
To setup NCBA security questions on your NCBA account, do the following to get started:
- Open your phone dialer and key in the NCBA USSD code which is *488#.
- Enter your NCBA secrete PIN to access your account.
- You will be required to set up three security questions.
- After you finish setting up the 3 NCBA security questions, and their answers you will receive a notification confirming that the process was successful.
- The session will expire therefore terminating the USSD. You will be required to log in again to access the session.
If you want to log in again to your NCBA account:
- Dial *488# as you did in the previous steps and enter your PIN.
- A random security question will be shown to you this time.
- Enter the correct response to the security question to proceed to the next screen, which has the service display menus. If the answer you gave was wrong, you will receive a notification that your account has been blocked.
How To Reset a Blocked NCBA Account
If you had forgotten your NCBA security question answers, or have forgotten your PIN and blocked your NCBA account, the only way to reset your PIN or security question and unblock your NCBA account is by contacting the NCBA contact centre using the following numbers;
- +254 711 056444
- +254 732 156444
Note: When anyone claiming to be an NCBA customer care agent asks you for a PIN or OPT code, please stop the conversation because NCBA will never ask you to share these details with them.
If this article was helpful, let me know in the comments section, and remember to subscribe to my blog so that you will be among the first people to be notified when I write and release a new article.